I wanted to highlight the 6 most popular posts of this past year. This is based on the number of people who have viewed each post and has nothing to do with my personal favorites. If there’s one you haven’t read for yourself, make sure to check it out. Most of them are exercises so give them a try in your exercise program. Here we go:
- Exercise of the Week: Straight Leg Deadlift (749 views) – Great posterior chain exercise to target the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back, and teach proper hip extension.
- Exercise of the Week: Cook Hip Lift (746 views) – The starting point for all hip bridging exercise to teach hip extension while sparing the lower back.
- Exercise of the Week: Quadruped Hip Extension (307 views) – Beneficial core exercise to teach stability with a neutral lumbar spine.
- Exercise of the Week: Kettlebell Suitcase Carry (110 views) – Easy to execute lateral core exercise done while walking.
- Exercise of the Week: Stop Doing Crunches (95 views) – The research is there, so why are people still doing crunches every day?
- The Core: It’s Not Just Abs (88 views) – What exactly makes up the core? A little more background to show it’s not only abdominals.
Thank you everyone for reading this past year. If you have any topics or exercises you want to learn more about, feel free to let me know. Thanks.
Garrett McLaughlin is an Athletic Trainer and Personal Trainer in Nashville, TN. He creates personal training and injury rehabilitation programs for the general population and athletes. Garrett is passionate about not only working one-on-one with clients, but educating them on health & wellness so they can continue making positive choices throughout their lives. Contact Garrett with questions or to schedule a session.