Welcome to the Fireside Chat! This series was designed to provides runners and the general population easy to absorb information regarding running mechanics, nutrition, strength training, and injury prevention. As the series progresses, we will cover a myriad of topics and speak with different professionals in the health & running community.
In this 3rd edition, we had a great conversation with guest, Dr. Jesse Riley. Dr. Riley is a sports chiropractor and running specialist in Golden, Colorado. He shared some fantastic tips and background information on all things running footwear so you can make the best selection when it comes to what shoes are best for you.
Not sure if you are wearing the right shoes? Or, maybe suffering from a running-related injury that you suspect is shoe related? Dr. Riley has you covered in this chat!
In this Fireside Chat, we covered a variety of topics, including…
- Background & philosophy (2:15)
- Improving your knowledge base around shoes (6:28)
- Fundamentals on how to purchase the right pair of running shoes (21:23)
- Shoe assessments to check for function & factory defects (28:33)
- Connect with Dr. Riley (45:07)
- Q&A (46:05)
Click the video below to instantly watch the replay of this chat!
Did you enjoy this Fireside Chat and are interested in learning more about upcoming segments as well as high quality educational content for runners? If so, click here to join the Ignite Your Run private Facebook group. The Ignite Your Run group is a FREE community for runners to learn and interact in the journey to become the best version of yourself possible.
Here are additional resources regarding today’s chat and how to learn more about Dr. Riley…
- FREE Download: Running Shoe Education Handout
- Website: www.moderndaychiro.com
- Email: Jesse@moderndaychiro.com
- Social Media: @docjesseriley
Thanks for watching!
By: Garrett McLaughlin, MS, ATC, CSCS, ART