Strength training and plyometrics are proven strategies to improve running performance and reduce the likelihood of injury. But, how do you implement the best program possible to see the results you are after without interfering with your running.
When it comes to strength training for runners specifically, there are a lot of different factors that need to be assessed. This includes the demands of the sport, your individual weak links and past injury history, and current running goals. General programs often get general results. That’s why I’m hoping this webinar will provide you the ability to individualize your program to run on your terms for years to come.
In this webinar, I presented on the topic of Strength Training & Plyometrics by thoroughly reviewing the research and recommending various exercises and drills. Please use this information to be more objective and fine tune your program to create the best results possible.
What you’ll learn is…
- The research behind the effectiveness and results created with strength training and plyometrics
- Important training principles to guide your program
- Specific plyometric exercises to increase speed and boost performance
- Specific strength training exercises to increase strength, stability, balance, and reduce your likelihood of injury
- How to tie this information together into a cohesive plan moving forward
I hope you enjoy this webinar! Comment below or contact me directly if you have any questions or comments regarding the webinar. And, if you want to implement the best strategies to improve your running, click here to learn more about the Healthy Running Program.
By: Garrett McLaughlin, MS, ATC, CSCS, ART